Checklist & Forms
The Woodlands, Conroe, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas
To make sure your move goes smoothly, we are providing an array of helpful links and checklists. Select the links below to learn more about being prepared.
- Inventory Item Work Up Sheet
- Credit Card Release
- High Value Inventory Form
- Household Inventory Value Sheet
- Valuation Rate Sheet
- International Acceptance Form
To get you started, here is a brief timeline of some recommended steps for a residential move:
6-8 Weeks Before Your Move
- Inventory and evaluate your belongings, including items in your attic, basement, garage. Determine if there is anything you can either donate or sell.
- Make arrangements for storage services.
- Begin using perishable items in your house such as cleaning products and frozen foods.
- Make a list of people to notify of your move including friends, family, subscriptions, creditors, etc.
3-4 Weeks Before Your Move
- Notify utilities (cable, phone, electricity, etc.) of your service shutoff date.
- Arrange for insurance in your new location.
- Make travel arrangements for the day of your move. (Don’t make plane reservations for the actual day of your move. Give yourself 1-2 days cushion to handle any unexpected events.)
- Purchase moving supplies including boxes.
- Begin packing any items that you will not need immediately.
- Have a garage sale for your unneeded items – or donate items to charity.
1-2 Weeks Before Your Move
- Make sure your car is in good working order if you plan to drive to your new location.
- Settle any outstanding bills with local merchants.
- Empty safety deposit boxes. Pick up dry cleaning. Drop off library books and video rentals.
- Take pets to the vet for immunization and to retrieve pets’ health records.
2-3 Days Before Your Move
- Defrost your freezer and refrigerator.
- Pack a box of personal items that you will need immediately upon arrival at your new home.
- Contact your North American relocation consultant to confirm arrival time of the moving professionals.
- Notify your North American representative of any last-minute details.
- Make sure that someone is at home to answer the moving professionals’ questions.
- Pack special items for your children and pets including snacks, toys and any favorite items.
- Clear walkways and driveways.
- Remove floor mats and door mats.
- Remove low-hanging items such as plants or wind chimes.
- Point out special items to your moving professionals immediately.
- Read your bill of lading and inventory carefully before you sign them. Make sure you understand all the paperwork and keep it safe until the moving process is complete.
- Find out as many details as you can before the driver leaves your residence. Make sure the driver has clear directions to your new residence.
- Your North American driver may give you a delivery estimate. Understand that certain conditions (traffic, weather) can affect delivery times. Try to be flexible.
- Take one last sweep of your house, checking all closets, the garage, attic, and basement. You don’t want to find out that an important (or heavy!) item was left behind.
WANT A FREE MOVING QUOTE? FILL OUT THE FORM BY CLICKING THE FREE MOVING QUOTE BUTTON BELOW!
TxDOT Toll free number 888-368-4689
US DOT No. 070851
© Copyright – Adams Transfer & Storage Co 2015